Since 1969, Thunder Bay Hydraulics Ltd. has been a premier Canadian manufacturer of hydraulic and pneumatic components and services to the industrial, forestry and mining industries in the Northwestern Ontario region.
From custom design and engineering to manufacturing and installation, Thunder Bay Hydraulics can deliver end-to-end services on any project. We specialize in manufacturing industrial cylinders, hydraulic and pneumatic components, materials handling equipment and lift systems. We also carry an extensive inventory of commodities and raw materials.
Our operations are located in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. All areas of our business, from sales, service, design and manufacturing, to testing, quality assurance, shipping and receiving, are housed under one roof.
We offer an experienced team of mobile service technicians who can quickly deploy to service industrial customers in the region. Our team includes machinists, welders, pipefitters, hydraulic and pneumatic technicians, electricians and design personnel. At Thunder Bay Hydraulics, we are committed to quality, service and helping your business succeed in the north!
What we Offer
- Engineers (P.ENG) on staff
- Large inventory of commodities and raw materials in Imperial and Metric measurements for your convenience
- Extensive inventory featuring many reputable manufacturers
- Large bays equippd with overhead cranes for equipment overhauls
- 2D and 3D design
- Design and manufacturing of standard and specialty hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders
- Preventative maintenance plans
- Custom design, assembly and installation of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Repair facilities for all makes of pumps, valves, motors, cylinders, etc.
- FEA services for customers (Finite Element Analysis)
- Complete fabrication and machine shop facilities
- In-house lapping, honing and testing of all new or repaired product
- CNC equipment for large or small run orders
- On-staff tradesmen including welders, machinists, pipe fitters, millwrights and electricians
- Reverse engineering
Do you have a project we can help with?
Send us a message
Our team of industrial experts is available to talk about your business needs, answer questions or advise on repairs and servicing options.